Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012! My Word for the Year

Happy New Year!  Hello, 2012.  We spent a nice quiet New Year's Day at home.  We are expecting the coldest weather here since last February.  It will be in the 20's at night and the 30's during the day.  Today I think the high was about 60.  So we are in for  some true winter weather.  I'm not looking forward to it.

In the South, we eat black eyed peas, greens, and ham to bring good luck into the new year.  I didn't cook my dried peas early enough, so I started looking for some canned black eyed peas.  I didn't have any.  I ran to the Dollar General, and the only ones they had left had tomatoes and peppers in them. The can said it was called "Hoppin John".  So that's the type of peas we had with our ham, turnip greens, creamed corn, and chow chow.  We also had cranberry sauce, because GrandBoy was here and he likes it.  I hope we ate enough to bring lots of good luck and success into our new year.


I joined a new challenge called 31 Days to Pray For Your Spouse.  It started today.  Today we prayed for our selves.  What better way to help our prayers be right with God, than to be certain we are right with God before we start.  I'm looking forward to this month of prayer for my husband.  Pappy isn't a Christian.  So I will be praying especially that this time I spend in prayer will bring him closer to the Truth and eternal life.

WORD FOR THE YEAR:?

Now, for my word for the year.  I have given this a lot of thought.  I have pondered where I want to go in my life this year.  About what I want for my family.  About changes I want to make in myself.  My word for the year, is BOLD.  I think this word will best describe how I want to achieve the goals I have set for 2012.  I will have to be BOLD and reach out for the things I want.  I will have to do things even when I don't feel like it.  When I am tired, and overwhelmed with life.  I will need to be BOLD and keep going.  I hope this word is an encouragement to me this year to make the changes I want to make.  What is your word for the year?  Honey

2 comments:

  1. One of my prayers repeatedly last year was for "bold compassion". I want to be more bold, also. Just don't know how to balance out being bold with being humble sometimes. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Jessica. I agree. I was thinking about that last night. I struggle with thinking I should be the Christian leader and expert on God's word for my family. I always tell my children that if they had listened to me.... I felt the call last night to be more humble, and let my family find their own ways. Let God show Himself to them. Let my kids find their own relationship with God, instead of riding in with me! They are all adults, and I have to step back. I hope that makes sense. I need to be Bold in reaching out and saying NO when things get in the way of the plans for my household. I hope you have a Happy New Year! Come back to see me again.

    ReplyDelete