Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 9 of 31 Days of A Farm Family's Life

 
Day 9 of 31 Days of a Farm Family's Life
 
 
Welcome to Day 9.  We got some rain here last night, and the temperature is fallish today.  I got up a little later than usual today.  I was up about 6:15.  I put up the dishes that were washed the night before.  I browned some ground beef, and went through our home gathering the ingredients for chili.  We have food and books in most every room in our home.  So I quickly got the ingredients together, and started the chili in a crockpot in our kitchen.  After getting GrandBoy's clothes and things ready, I had about 10 minutes to get dressed and out the door.  I was about 5 minutes late leaving, but I felt like I had accomplished a lot.
 
I went to my office in town for the first part of my day.  That went pretty well.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work in the afternoons for a different client.  So after I finished all my work day, I hurried home.  For dinner we had chili with grated cheese and sour cream, crackers, and milk.  The chili was good.  I had bought cornbread crackers to try, but I didn't like them in the chili.  The chili tasted sweet.  I read the ingredients on the cracker box, and sugar was the second ingredient listed, before corn meal!  I don't think I will do that again.  But it was nice to have dinner taken care of.
 
Pappy and middle daughter traveled around checking rental houses that should be empty or hadn't paid. They cleaned out one house so we can put it on the internet now.  They also texted me to tell me that utilities were off at another home, and had been about two weeks.  I'll call them this evening.  A relative called to say that a health department worker was trying to get in touch with us.  I called their office, and someone in our trailer park put "household" garbage in the ditch with rubbish and large items.  So we need to educate our tenants and issue letters explaining the difference.  We can do that!
 

When I got home, GrandBoy and Middle daughter were laying on the carpot on blankets, having a coloring book picnic.  They had snacks, and stickers, and were coloring pictures in their favorite books.
 
Our First daughter made more jelly today.  About 12 jars.  She made apple cranberry, I believe.  She has about used all the home canned juice in our cabinets.  But that is fine, because it needed to be used.  She also made pink cupcakes for a bake sale at her work, to benefit breast cancer.

A neighbor shared a grocery bag of peppers with us tonight.  All different kinds.  So I guess I will make some pepper sauce this weekend.  I would like to have some chow chow, but I've never made that before.

Well, I guess that is it for now.  Hope you have a wonderful day.  Come back tomorrow.  Honey!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment